Bloom Together Technique Sheet
|Dreaming of an Italian getaway? This beautiful plate uses a classic Spolvero Italian design to bring Tuscany to your fingertips!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Dreaming of an Italian getaway? This beautiful plate uses a classic Spolvero Italian design to bring Tuscany to your fingertips!
2324 Hanging Coupe Plate Lg
BLS903-8 Pumpkin Head
BLS904-8 Strawberry Field
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS912-8 Golden Pinkini
MHC5999 Dusting Kit
MHC6505 Tile Design 5
SG595-0 Soft Grip Gold Taklon Script Liner
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Pour a small amount of charcoal into a shallow dish.
3. Pick up the rubbing pad/pouch and dab in powder. For best results, use only a small amount of powder at a time.
4. Position the large flower Spolvero design near one edge of the plate. Hold steady and rub the powdered pouch across its surface. Once complete, gently lift design to reveal image transfer.
5. Extending across the plate, repeat step #4 using a medium and small flower Spolvero design.
6. Use a Script Liner brush and Black Swan to trace the large and medium flower Spolvero designs with solid lines, and the small flower design with dotted lines. Let dry.
7. Fill the outer petals of the large flower with 3 coats of Pumpkin Head.
8. Paint the middle petals with 3 coats of Golden Pinkini.
9. Paint the inner petal area with 3 coats of Strawberry Field.
10. Paint the center circle and each rounded flourish in the center of the flower with 3 coats of Fiorentina. Let dry.
11. On the medium-sized flower, alternate using Nirvana and Fiorentina to paint the petals.
12. Paint the ring around the center with a detail brush and 3 coats of Pumpkin Head.
13. Paint the center circle of the flower with 3 coats of Strawberry Field. Let dry.
14. On the smallest flower design, paint the center with 3 coats of Fiorentina. As you paint, leave spacing in between the painted area and dotted outline.
15. Paint the petals with 3 coats of Golden Pinkini. Let dry.
16. Fill in the background area above the flower designs with 3 coats of Strawberry Field. Fill in the lower background area with 3 coats of Fiorentina. Let dry.
17. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze & fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |