Bloomin Dots Technique Sheet
|This simple pattern and bold colors makes a huge impact on this flower pot design. White borders give the project a professional look and eye-popping appeal!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This simple pattern paired with bold colors makes a huge impact on this flower pot design. The white border left around each rose gives the project a professional look and eye-popping appeal!
612 Medium Flower Pot with Tray
CN022-8 Bright Saffron
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN343-8 Dark Pink
CN516-8 Really Red Sprinkles
R2250-10 Aqualon Round #1
R2700-1/2 Aqualon Square Glaze/Wash 1/2 inch Brush
R2850-4 Aqualon Fan Brush #4
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Trace the bottom of 8 ounce paint bottles onto contact paper with a pencil for the body of the rose. Cut out the circles and stick them in a scattered pattern on the body of the piece.
3. Draw a simple leaf shape onto the contact paper with a pencil. Cut out the leaf and use it as a template to trace 16-20 outlines onto the contact paper. Once you have your leaves cut out, apply 2-3 to the outside of each rose.
4. Add water to Bright Saffron and use a Fan Brush to apply one coat of wash to the body of the flower pot and the inside of the tray.
5. Once the wash is dry, remove the contact paper by lifting the edge with a straight pin.
6. Use the round Brush to apply various colors to the body of the rose using Really Red Sprinkles, Purple Sprinkles and Dark Pink. Leave a white circle in the center of each rose and white around the edges. Apply 2-3 coats.
7. Using Bright and Light Kiwi, paint each leaf leaving a white border around the leaf. Apply 2-3 coats.
8. Use the EZ-Dots to apply black dots to the rim of the flower pot, in between each rose, and over the yellow wash on the tray.
9. Paint black checkers on the outside rim of the tray using a Square Glaze/Wash brush.
10. Add a finishing touch by using the round brush to apply two thick coats of Really Red Sprinkles to the top edge of the flower pot and tray.
11. Let dry. Glaze and fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |