Boho Boutique Technique Sheet
|Boho-eautiful! Serve in style with this indie-inspired mixed media bisque serving tray. Mosaic tiles add a great twist to this classic nesting tray.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Boho-beautifu! Serve in style with this indie-inspired mixed media serving tray.
597 Nesting Tray Medium
BIM474 Sun Ray Glitter Mosaic Tiles 20 mm
BIM560 Hot Pink Foil Mosaic Tiles 20 mm
BIM575 Magenta Smoothies
BIM582 Sea Green Smoothies
BIM583 Violet Smoothies
BIM586 Deep Purple Smoothies
BIM587 Aqua Green Smoothies
BIM589 Persian Blue Smoothies
CR208 Ultra White
RESIN16 16 oz. Resin Kit
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Nipper
Hard Plastic Cups
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Mix 1 part Orange to 3 parts Ultra White to create a salmon color.
3. Use 2-3 solid coats of the salmon paint mixture to paint the entire tray, then allow project to dry completely.
4. Use a pencil to lightly sketch a large flower design on the inside surface of the tray.
5. Arrange an assortment of mosaic tiles to fill in the design until tray surface is completely covered. Do not glue tiles in place.
TIP: As you work, use a Wheel Mosaic Nipper to nip large tiles into smaller pieces if needed.
6. Arrange Sun Ray Glitter tiles to the center of the flower.
7. Create the petal outlines using nipped Hot Pink Foil tiles.
8. Fill in each petal using a pattern of Violet, Magenta, and Deep Purple Smoothies.
9. Fill in the remaining background area of design with a mixed arrangement of Sea Green, Aqua Green, and Persian Blue Smoothies.
10. Gather two mixing cups, a coffee stirrer to mix, and gloves. Mix the resin as the instructions suggest. You will need 3 oz. total, which would be 1.5 oz. of part A and part B. Thoroughly mix resin for two minutes, then carefully pour over the inside surface of the tray. Use a coffee stirrer or craft stick to smooth and move any pieces that shift.
11. Once complete, place project in a cool, flat, area to dry overnight.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |