Brighten Your Daisy Technique Sheet
|This gorgeous glass pendant lamp is a real conversation starter! Brighten your day with this fused glass project, courtesy of Bisque Imports.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This gorgeous pendant lamp is a real conversation starter!
CF533.3F Deep Aqua Transparent Frit - Fine
CF543.2F Grape Transparent Frit - Fine
FST-060 Frit Stencil - Six
FST-110 Frit Stencil - Eleven
GBITS161 Yellow Bits
GBITS171 Orange Bits
GBITS533-1 Sky Blue Bits
GBITS543-1 Grape Bits
GBS12-200 12 In. Square White
S5333-96 Deep Aqua Glass Stringers
SP-8234 Glass Tac - 4 oz. Bottle
SS721 Small Floral Form
ST340 Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Remove the protective covering on both sides Frit Stencils before use.
2. Position the Frit Stencil Eleven on one corner of the blank, with the petals facing inward. Using an angled straw, add fine Deep Aqua Transparent Frit to each section of the stencil until it is flush and level with the edges of the design. Make sure you fill the corner edges of the design too! TIP: Keep a paintbrush handy to wipe away unwanted Frit.
3. Add small drops of Glass Tac over the Frit, making sure not to 'Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…"flood' the section.Wait 15 seconds, then gently left the stencil to reveal the design. Repeat this step on the other 3 corners.
4. Now, position 4 of Frit Stencil Six in the center of the glass square, forming a diamond. Repeat the above steps with these using Fine Grape Transparent Frit.
5. Use Glass Tac to glue 1 Orange Bit to each corner, underneath the Eleven Frit Stencil design.
6. Using your Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, score a diagonal line across 6 Yellow Bits. Break with your running pliers to create triangles. Use Glass Tac to adhere 1 triangle on each side of the Orange Bits, and 4 triangles in the very center of the glass blank.
7. Break Deep Aqua Glass Stringers into 1" to 2" pieces. Adhere these small strips along the edges of the blank.
8. Glue 2 Yellow Bits above each corner Frit Stencil design, diagonally, in between flower petals. Do the same underneath the center designs using 3 Sky Blue Bits for each flower design. Glue a Grape bit underneath each center Sky Blue bit.
9. Then, in between each Grape flower, position 4 squares diagonally, with corners touching. First use 2 Orange squares, then 1 Grape square, then another Orange square. Have the ending point of the Orange square align with the middle petal of the Deep Aqua design.
10. Let dry. Contour fuse using Spectrum's six segement firing program.
11. Once fired, drape over SS721 Small Floral Form that has been primed with Boron Nitride Spray.
Optional Drilling Instructions:
12. Once you have your fired piece, center an EZ Drill template onto the base of your draped piece. Secure into place using painter's tape.
13. In a sink or tub, slowly run a steady stream of water over the top of the draped piece. Start your corded drill and place the drill bit (we recommend a 1 1/8" Diamond Drill Bit) Start drilling at an angle and slowly work until your drill is perpendicular with the project. Continue until the hole is complete. Attach a corded light fixture, and enjoy your new pendant lamp!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |