Change of Time Technique Sheet
|We love how acrylics and mosaics tiles come together in this gorgeous nonfired project! An out of this world mirror for sure!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We love how acrylics and mosaics come together in this gorgeous nonfired project!
BIM322 Mirrored Circle Mosaic Tile
BIM72064 Clear Mosaic Chipettes
BIM8054 Round Mirror - Large
BIM-Pewter-1lb Pewter Grout
RAA-5108 Cadmium Yellow
RAA-5110 Cadmium Red
RAA-5114 Dark Ultramarine
RAA-5117 Cadmium Green
RAA-5120 Mars Black
RAA-5121 Titanium White
RAA-5143 Cerulean Blue
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. First, remove the circle mirror from the mosaic base. You can replace the mirror once your project is completely finished.
2. Using the template provided as a guide, sketch the pattern onto the mosaic base.
3. Mix 1 part Cadmium Red to 2 parts Titanium White. Use this mixture to paint the areas between each of the tree roots at the bottom of the base.
4. Mix 2 parts Dark Ultramarine to 1 part Cadmium Red. Use this color mixture to paint the trunk of the tree.
5. Use Cadmium Red to paint the snake on the tree, above the mirror opening.
6. Mix 1 part Cadmium Green to 1 part Titanium White. Use this color mixture to paint the entire top of the tree. Then, use Cadmium Green to paint leaf shapes throughout this area, branching out from the center. Outline some of the leaf shapes using a detail brush and the Dark Ultramarine/Cadmium Red paint mixture used to paint the trunk of the tree.
7. Paint the background of the section to the left of the tree using Cerulean Blue. Paint the sun using Cadmium Yellow.
8. Mix 2 parts Cadmium Yellow to 1 part Titanium White. Use to fill in the stars.
9. Paint the moon using Titanium White.
10. Paint the background behind the moon and stars using 2 parts Dark Ultramarine to 1 part Mars Black. Once dry, paint small dots using Titanium White on top of the night sky background. Let your project dry completely.
11. Using Weldbond, adhere Mirrored Circle tiles around the circle mirror opening. Then, cover the remaining surface with Clear Mosaic Miscellaniez.
12. Let your mosaic project dry for 24-48 hours. Then, follow the grouting instructions to grout the entire surface of your project using Pewter grout. Once your project is completely finished, you can re-insert the circle mirror.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |