Country Charm Technique Sheet
|Add some rustic charm to your patriotic decor with this mixed media project using resin, a high-gloss finishing technique!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Add some rustic charm to your patriotic decor with this mixed media project using resin, a high-gloss finishing technique!
1886 Inset Star Plaque
CF208 Ultra White
D25087 Collage Pauge
RESIN16 16 oz. Resin Kit
SP100 Gears and Gadgets Assortment
SP-PP Paint Palette 12" x 12" Paper Pack
Hard Plastic Cups
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Place the plaque on a piece of Freezer Paper, shiny side up with 1-2" around the surface of the plaque on all sides.
3. Paint the plaque surface and edges with Ultra White.
4. Paint the upper half of plaque with 1-2 coats of Blue. Let dry.
5. Along the bottom half of plaque, paint vertical stripes using Red. Let dry.
6. On your palette, mix 1 part Black to 2 parts Red and Yellow to create a brown mixture. Mix color mixture with a small amount of water to create a wash.
7. Brush on 1-2 coats of the brown color wash over the plaque surface. Let dry.
8. Using your choice of patterned craft paper, cut out a star shape similar in size to the embossed star shape on the plaque.
TIP: If needed, press the paper onto the star shape, then use the impression of the shape as a cutting template.
9. Brush on one coat of Collage Pauge on the underside of the star cut-out, then position and secure the paper star to the plaque surface.
10. Arrange an assortment of Gears and Gadgets to accent the star design. Do not glue these pieces in place.
11. Gather two mixing cups, a coffee stirrer to mix, and gloves. Mix the resin as the instructions suggest. You will need 1 oz. total, which would be .5 oz. of part A and part B. Thoroughly mix resin for two minutes, then carefully pour over the embossed star. Try not to pour too close to the edge as it will "self level". Have a small craft brush to smooth and move any pieces that shift.
12. Once complete, place project in a cool, flat, area to dry overnight.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |