Country Christmas Technique Sheet
|Silk Screens make this adorable project oh-so-easy! Make Christmas come to life on this bisque rim salad plate. It's the perfect holiday gift!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Silk Screens make this adorable project oh-so-easy!
230 Rim Salad
8012 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape
CMC2oz Glaze Thickening Powder
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN193-8 Dark Ivy
CN203-8 Dark Grey
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN311-8 Light Ginger
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
CN508 Chutney Spice
CN512-8 Green Apple
CSS-8 Christmas Silk Screen
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Thin Black Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the center of the plate with 3 solid coats of Light Ginger. Allow paint to dry completely.
3. Cut out the silk screen, leaving a wide border around the screen image. Position onto the center of the plate, then use 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape to secure the screen to the bisque surface.
4. Pour a quarter-sized amount of Dark Grey onto your palette. Add a pinch of Glaze Thickening powder to the underglaze color, then mix using a pallet knife until you reach a peanut butter consistency.
5. Dip your finger in the thickened underglaze color, and rub the color into small areas of the screen image at a time. Dab and smooth the paint into the screen until all areas are filled with color.
6. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze.
7. Mix 1 part Fruit Punch to 1 part Really White. Use this color to paint the rim. Let paint to dry completely.
8. Along the edge of the rim, use a thin black marker to sketch the two holly leaves and berry cluster.
9. Fill in one holly leaf with 3-4 coats of Bright Kiwi.
10. Fill in the other holly leaf with 3-4 coats of Green Apple.
11. With a detail brush and Dark Ivy, accent and outline each holly leaf. Add an additional outline accent with Dark Black.
12. Fill in each berry with 3 coats of Chutney Spice. Once dry, accent and outline each berry using a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.
13. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |