Crafty Business Technique Sheet
|Who says business has to be boring? We love this spunky take on the classic business card holder. Have customers show their creative side with this design.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Who says business has to be boring? We love this spunky take on the classic business card holder.
778 Scroll Card Holder
CN022-8 Bright Saffron
CN031-8 Light Butternut
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN311-8 Light Ginger
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Trace the template onto contact paper using a pencil and cut out. Position in the center of the piece.
3. Paint three coats of Light Butternut on the top of the piece. Once dry, paint the bottom with three coats Bright Caribbean.
4. Using a detail brush, paint thin vertical lines of Bright Papaya over the Light Butternut. Extend the first and last lines along the entire piece, with the four center lines ending at the edge of the contact paper.
5. Paint Bright Papaya dots along the lines.
6. Using a pencil, sketch out simple feather shapes in between the Bright Papaya lines. With a detail brush, trace over the sketches using Dark Ginger and Bright Caribbean.
7. Carefully remove the contact paper using a straight pen. Extend the Bright Papaya lines into the white shape, this time using Light Butternut. Paint dots along the lines in the same color.
8. Using a pencil, sketch out simple feathers in the masked area. This time, however, alternate using the colors Light Ginger and Light Blue Spruce. Let the piece dry completely.
9. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
10. Once fired, attach buttons to the front of the piece with E-6000.Secure each button to the surface using tape. Allow glue to dry for 24 hours before removing tape.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |