Easter Egg Technique Sheet
|Add some color to the Easter season with these Egg-cellent Glass Ornaments. Create a 3-dimensional egg design in glass using fiber paper and frit.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Add some color to the Easter season with these Egg-cellent Glass Ornaments. Create a 3-dimensional egg design in glass using fiber paper and frit.
GBS6-100 6" Clear Square Glass Blank (cut into 3" squares) OR
GBS3-100 Four 3" Clear Square Glass Blanks
ST551 1/8" Fiberfrax Paper
ST340 Running Pliers
SP422 Klyr-Fire Glass Glue
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutters
ST540 Thin Fire Paper cut into 4" squares
9483 Large Bails OR
ST952 High Temp Stamen Wire
8301 E-6000 Adhesive
Portable Work Surface (such as a 4.25" Tile)
Small, Soft Brushes
Flat-Nosed Beading Pliers
Small Cups for Glue
Drinking Straw with cut angled-end
Super Glue (if desired)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Use a Ruler and Permanent Marker to measure out four 3" squares on the 6" Glass Blank. Use the Pistol Grip Glass Cutter to score along your lines. Use the Running Pliers to break the glass along your score lines. You can also use GBS3-100 which are ready to use 3" blanks.
2. Use a pencil to trace the outline of one 3" piece of glass onto you Fiberfrax Paper and cut out. Draw an egg shape inside the 3" square of Fiberfrax Paper and cut it out.
3. Trace the egg shape 3 more times onto the Fiberfrax paper and cut out each egg.
4. Working on top of a Portable Work Surface and a piece of Thin Fire, use a Soft Brush to apply Klyr-Fire Glue to the smooth side of the Fiberfrax Paper.
5. Use a Spoon to apply Frit to the Fiberfrax Paper. If you desire more detail, cut the end of a Drinking Straw at and angle and use that to apply Frit in smaller portions.
6. Spray a few pumps of Hair Spray over your frit design when complete to secure it in place.
7. Lay your Glass Blank over top of your frit design.
8. If desired, create an integrated wire hanger for your glass piece by cutting a piece of High Temp Stamen Wire about 1" long. Bend it in half. Curl or bend each corner. Secure in place with super glue and a clear piece of glass. Your other option is to glue on a Large Bail after firing.
9. Contour Fuse.
10. If you didn't create an integrated wire hanger, apply a Large Bail with E-6000 Adhesive and allow to dry before hanging.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || |