Eclectic Garden Technique Sheet
|Have fun creating this adorable flower pot with mixed media! As an added bonus, learn how to create pretty paper flowers too!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Have fun creating this adorable flower pot with mixed media! As an added bonus, learn how to create pretty paper flowers too!
612 Med. Flower Pot w/ Tray
8301 E-6000 Adhesive
AS959 Duncan Hi-Gloss Sealer
Buttons - Assorted
D31209 Aleene's Glossy Decoupage
OS444 Light Pink
OS463 Medium Green
OS469 Light Turquoise
OS556 Lemon Grass
OS558 Miami Pink
OS565 Confederate Blue
RAQUA201 Aqualon Wisp Filbert Brush
Scrapbook Paper - Assorted
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Scissors (Regular & Funky)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Med. Flower Pot w/ Tray: 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the inside of the flower pot with Confederate Blue.
3. Paint the outside of the pot with Light Turquoise.
4. Paint the outside surface of the tray with Lemon Grass and the inside with Confederate Blue.
5. Paint grass blades around the outside of the tray with an Aqualon Wisp Filbert Brush and Medium Green. Set aside to dry.
6. Paint large flowers on the outside of the flower pot. Alternate using Lilac and Miami Pink for each flower.
7. Paint a stem and leaves for each flower with Medium Green. Allow to dry.
8. Cut out four small photographs. Use a glue stick to adhere each photo to the center of a flower.
TIP: If using printed photographs, laminate each photo using a self-adhesive sheet to protect and prevent ink from bleeding.
9. Cut out 1-1 1/2" strips of craft paper, then use a glue stick to adhere the strips around the rim of the flower pot.
10. On each Lilac flower, paint a Purple border around each photo. Accent the petals with the same color. Repeat using Light Pink for the remaining two flowers.
11. Decoupage the outside of the pot to seal the photographs and craft paper to the surface.
12. Paint one coat of Hi-Gloss Sealer to the inside of the pot and to the tray. Allow to dry.
Craft Flowers: 1. Use E-6000 Adhesive to layer and adhere assorted buttons to create a flower shape. Adhere the button flower to the end of a popsicle stick.
2. Cut out and stack multiple craft paper squares. Staple the center of the stack, then use scissors to cut scattered slits. Cut off each corner, then "fluff" and bend the layers of craft paper to create volume to the flower. Use E-6000 to adhere layered buttons to the center. Adhere the flower to a popsicle stick.
3. Cut out and glue together flower-shaped paper cut-outs, then use E-6000 to adhere to a popsicle stick.
4. Paint each popsicle stick with Medium Green. Allow to dry.
For more details on this project, check out the technique video on our YouTube page!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |