Floral Impression Technique Sheet
|Take time to smell the flowers! This project features two techniques - kiln carving and glass painting - to create a pretty floral bowl design.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Take time to smell the flowers! This project features two techniques - kiln carving and glass painting - to create a pretty floral bowl design.
985 10" Square Tile
CF220.76M Dark Green Opalescent Frit - Medium
CFI1009F Black Iridescent Frit - Fine
CR300 Paint Pot Strip
G332 Deep Cranberry
G362 Laurel Green
GBC8-100 8 In. Circle Clear Transparent (2)
GM3002 Glass Medium
GS503 Gold Sparkle
SM-9037-S Small Firenze
ST540 Thinfire Paper
ST551 'Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Âº In. Fiberfrax Paper
ST552 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¼ In. Fiberfrax Paper
Black Permanent Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lay a sheet of Thinfire Paper onto the bisque tile to create a portable fusing tile, then use a pencil to trace an outline of the 8" circle base.
2. Sketch design pattern onto a sheet of 1/8" or 1/4" Fiberfrax Paper. See provided template. Choose which fiber paper to use based on the desired thickness of your embossed designs.
3. Cut out the sketched pattern with scissors and arrange the cut pattern pieces within the base outline on the portable fusing tile as desired. On scattered leaf shapes, add a second layer of fiber paper to create the vein.
4. Use a pallet knife to load 3 separate paint pots with small amounts of Deep Cranberry, Laurel Green, and Gold Sparkle.
5. Mix in a small amount of Glass Medium into each paint pot until you achieve a thin peanut butter consistency. Start with a few drops of Glass Medium and add a little bit at a time as needed.
6. Paint each embossed flower shape with a generous coat of Deep Cranberry.
7. Paint each leaf with Laurel Green.
8. Paint each leaf vein and stem with Gold Sparkle.
9. Use an angled cut straw to add a small amount of Black Iridescent fine frit to the center of each flower.
10. Add a small amount of Dark Green Opalescent medium frit along the center of scattered leaves.
11. Cap the embossed design with two 8 In. clear circles. Transfer the portable fusing tile to the kiln and full fuse using the 6-segment program provided.
12. Once fired, clean off excess fiber paper residue and slump in the Small Firenze mold.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |