Glimmering Glass Technique Sheet
|This is a project that all customers can enjoy! This holiday project requires minimal glass cutting and a few supplies, so it is easy to prepare and teach!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Glimmering Glass is a versatile glass project that customers of all experience levels can enjoy! This holiday project requires minimum glass cutting and just a few basic supplies so it is easy to prepare and teach during your busiest time of year!
GBS3-100 3" Clear Square Glass Blanks
Assorted Colors of Buffalo Chips and Coarse Frit
ROD1-96 Hot Rod Pack
GP110.2 Pale Amber Pebble
Elmer's Blue Gel Glue
ST213 Grip Gloves
ST540 Thinfire Paper
9483 Large Bails
8301 E-6000 Adhesive
ST356 Wheeled Mosaic Cutter
This project can be adapted to various holidays, seasons or themes. Create Christmas ornaments or fall suncatchers. You can also adapt this project to fit your summer camp theme.
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Place a 3" clear glass square over the templates of your choice.
2. Add Buffalo Chips and Coarse Frit to your glass blank using the template as a guideline.
3. Adhere each Buffalo Chip or Frit piece in place with small dots of Elmer's Blue Gel Glue.
4. Create Rod Dots by cutting small pieces of Glass Rods into the Nipping Baskets using a Wheeled Mosaic Cutter. Add Rod Dots to your design and glue in place.
5. Contour fuse each glass project on Thinfire Paper.
6. Glue Large Bails to back of each glass project with E-6000 Adhesive and allow to dry.
7. Hang your Glimmering Glass Ornaments and Enjoy!
| Segment || Rate |
(F per hour)
| Target Temp |
| Hold |
| Heating 1 || 300 || 150 || 30 |
| Heating 2 || 200 || 1370 || 20 |
| Forming Stage || 400 || 1440 || 5 |
| Anneal 1 || 9999* || 950 || 60 |
| Anneal 2 || 150 || 800 || 10 |
| Cool Down || 300 || 100 || 0 |
*as fast as possible
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |