Glorious Garden Technique Sheet
|Use basic glass cutting skills and a mixture of glass elements to make your garden grow. Use the glass supplies you have on hand to make a unique arrangement.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Use basic glass cutting skills and a mixture of opalescent and transparent glass elements to make your garden grow. Use the glass supplies you have on hand to make a unique arrangement.
GBS8-100-ICE 8" Clear Square Ice Transparent Glass Blank
GSLAB215-72 Terra Cotta Glass Slab
GBITS230-72 Medium Blue Opal Bits
CF-110.8-F Medium Amber Frit - Fine
Frit - Assorted
Assorted Colors of Buffalo Chips
Assorted Green Strips
Assorted Green Stringers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutters
ST340 Running Pliers
ST356 Wheeled Mosaic Cutters
SP422 Klyr-Fire Glass Glue
Small Cups for Glue
Drinking Straw with a cut angled-end
Small, Soft Paint Brush
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Use Glass Cutter and Running Pliers to create flower pot shapes from the Terra Cotta Glass Slab. You may wish to draw your pots on the glass with Permanent Marker. Glue in place with a dab of Klyr-Fire.
2. For the flowers on the left, use the Wheeled Mosaic Cutters to nip White and Sunflower Buffalo Chips into daisy petals. Use a variety of green Buffalo Chips and Coarse Frit to create the leaves. Create a longer stem for the yellow daisy by cutting a green Strip.
3. For the flowers in the middle, break a variety of green Stringers in opalescent and transparent colors to create the rose bud stems. Use Coarse Red Opal Frit for the rose buds.
4. For the flowers on the right, use the Wheeled Mosaic Cutters to nip Medium Blue Bits into smaller triangles. Score and break stems from green Strips. Fill in with Sky Blue Medium Frit.
5. Add greenery to the flowers by sprinkling assorted green Fine, Medium and Coarse Frit with a spoon. For the grass, first apply Klyr-Fire to the Glass Blank with a Cotton Swab, then spoon the green Frit into place.
6. Cut the end of a Drinking Straw at an angle. Apply Klyr-Fire to the left edge, under the rim and at the bottom of each flower pot. Use the straw to apply Medium Amber Fine Frit over the Klyr-Fire to create shading.
7. Use a Small, Soft Paint Brush to move all frit into its place and to remove any unwanted Frit from the Glass Blank. Secure Frit in place with a few pumps of Hairspray.
8. Let dry and contour fuse.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |