Go With the Flow Technique Sheet
|Make a big splash with Fairy Dust glazes! Customers of all ages ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“whale' love the results! A project as big as the oceans gentle giants.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Make a big splash with Fairy Dust glazes! Customers of all ages 'Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…"whale' love the results!
935 Cascading Plaque (2)
BLS902-8 Apricot Stone
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BW-S07 Orchid Artistic Wire 22 Gauge
HSS005 Dusty Clear
HSS102 Fuchsia Razzle Dazzle
HSS107 Sea Spray
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe each plaque with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
Upper Cascading Plaque : 1. Paint the plaque with 3-4 coats of Sea Spray, then allow to dry completely.
2. With a water-based marker, sketch out "Go with the flow" in the center of the plaque. Trace over each letter with a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Black Swan.
3. Beneath the phrase, paint a flourish with 3-4 coats of Arazmatazz.
4. Around the edge of the plaque, add a border of Apricot Stone dots. Let dry.
Lower Cascading Plaque : 1. Cut out the whale template and trace template onto a sheet of contact paper. Cut out image, remove protective backing, then firmly adhere to the center of plaque surface.
2. Paint the plaque with 3-4 coats of Sea Spray, then allow to dry.
3. Once dry, remove contact paper image.
4. Paint the outer edge of the whale shape with 3-4 coats of Arazmatazz. Let dry.
5. Fill in the remaining area of whale shape with 3-4 coats of Fuchsia Razzle Dazzle. Let dry.
6. Paint the eye of the whale with a Dusty Clear dot. Let dry.
7. Use a detail brush and 2 coats of Black Swan to dot the eye, add dashes around the whale shape, and to paint two wave lines beneath the whale.
8. Paint the whale's water spray with a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Fiorentina.
9. Around the edge of the plaque, add a border of Apricot Stone dots. Let dry.
Once complete, dip each plaque in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
Once fired, attach Orchid Artistic Wire to connect and hang the plaques.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |