Groovy Owls Project Technique Sheet
|This Glass Owl hanging tile is super easy to create for beginner artists. Let your creativity take flight with this project that is as colorful as it is fun.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This amazing looking Glass Owl hanging tile is super easy to create - even for the beginner artist. Let your creativity take flight with this project that is as colorful as it is fun.
GBS6-100 6" Clear Square Glass Blank
GBS12-226-74 Amazon Green
GBS12-230-72 Medium Blue
GBS12-267-72 Sunflower Yellow
GBS12-2702 Opal Orange
GSLAB211 Chestnut Brown
GSLAB223-72 Turquoise Green
GSTRIP100 Clear Strips
RO2264-96 Amazon Green Rods
RT125-96 Dark Green Rods
S1108-96 Medium Amber Noodles
NM96 Mardi Gras Noodles
SM96 Mardi Gras Stringers
GP171 Light Orange Pebbles
GP1009 Black Pebbles
ST540 Thinfire Paper
ST551 1/8" FiberFrax Paper
ST340 Running Pliers
SP422 Pistol Grip Cutter
ST352 Wheeled Mosaic Nippers
Elmer's Blue Gel Glue
Small Cups for Glue
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Use Permanent Marker to outline one side of the owl's body shape on the glass color of your choice being sure to create gentle curves. Be mindful that the owl needs to fit on the 6" Clear Glass Blank.
2. Using a Pistol Grip Cutter, score the outline. Break along the score with the Running Pliers.
3. Use the scrap glass from the original cut to trace a symmetrical outline for the other side of the owl's body. Score and break the traced outline.
4. Score and break a gentle curve at the top of the owl's body to define his ears and head.
5. Using the toothpick, apply a pinpoint of glue to the edge of the owl's body and glue to the Glass Blank. As more pieces are cut, continue gluing them in place.
6. Sketch, score and break an eye-shape (or other appropriate shape) for the wings.
7. Use Pebbles for the eyes. Add whimsy around the eyes with glass elements as desired.
8. Add color and design to the owl's body with assorted glass elements and colors as desired.
9. Use Medium Amber Noodles, Dark Green Rods and Amazon Green Rods to create a tree branch. Cut rods using the Wheeled Mosaic Nippers. Hold the rods with one end on the table. Nip off rod dots from the end of the rod touching the table.
10. Cut out several triangles and arrange at the base of the owl's body to create the tail. If desired, add another layer of smaller triangles in a different color to accent the tail.
11. Let dry and contour fuse using the 6-segment program provided.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |