Hello Autumn Technique Sheet
|Fall colors are a treat for the eyes, and this earthy hanging plaque brings the season's gorgeousness straight to your walls.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Fall colors are a treat for the eyes, and this earthy hanging plaque brings the season's gorgeousness straight to your walls.
1013 Curved Plaque Kit
8012 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape
CN062-8 Bright Salsa
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN201-8 Light Grey
CN233-8 Dark Briarwood
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN504-8 Neon Orange
FD254 Black Licorice
SARALRED Saral Transfer Paper
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Pour a small amount of Light Grey onto your palette. Dip a large, damp brush into the paint to dilute it. Brush 1 coat of the diluted color wash over to plaque to paint the background. Let dry.
3. Cut out the printed template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper that fits to the template size. Position the Saral Transfer Paper sheet, red side down, onto the plaque with the printed template on top. Secure around the edges with 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape.
4. Trace over the template image with a pen, then remove template and Saral paper to reveal transferred design.
5. Use a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Black to trace over and fill in the traced letters in the plaque center.
6. Trace over each transferred leaf design with Black Licorice. Allow paint to dry completely.
7. Fill in the various sections within each leaf designs using a color combination consisting of Bright Salsa, Light Blue Spruce, Really White, Bright Caribbean, Bright Ginger, and Neon Orange. See the project image for color placement. Allow paint to dry completely.
8. If needed, use a detail brush and Dark Black to touch up the leaf design outlines.
9. Paint the raised border around the plaque with 2-3 coats of Dark Briarwood. Let dry.
10. Paint the underside of the plaque with 2-3 coats of Dark Briarwood. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
12. Once fired, attached beaded wire to hang the plaque.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |