Holiday Magic Technique Sheet
|Capture the essence of the holiday spirit with this fantastical ceramic picture frame. The best way to showcase favorite Christmas memories.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Capture the essence of the holiday spirit with this fantastical picture frame.
1807 Double Frame
953 1" Square Tile (12)
CN191-8 Light Ivy
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN311-8 Light Ginger
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN506-8 Neon Coral
CN512-8 Green Apple
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
1" Painter's Tape
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using contact paper, a pencil and scissors, cut out 16 similarly sized triangles. Arrange on the frame with about 1/2" between each.
3. Sponge the entire frame using Light Ginger. Let dry.
4. Using 1" painter's tape, align the tape in a chevron, zig-zag pattern. Heavily sponge the frame using Neon Coral. Once dry, peel off the painter's tape and contact paper.
5. Again using contact paper, sketch out 2 curvy lines about 1" from the edge of the contact paper. These cut-outs will resemble a rectangle with 1 curvy, long side. Place both cut-outs near bottom of frame, opposite from one another. Press down firmly.
6. Next, using two stripes of painter's tape, section off a 1/2" area across the top of the frame.
7. Paint the area in between the contact paper cut-outs (bottom) and painter's tape (top) using Bright Grape. Let dry. Remove contact paper.
8. Accent the triangle shapes using different patterns of Bright Caribbean, Light Ivy and Green Apple. Using Bright Ginger, add a small square underneath each tree as a tree-trunk. Let dry.
9. Paint 12 1" square tiles using 3 coats of Bright Ginger. Once dry, use a detail brush and Dark Black to write out each letter of the phrase "HOLIDAY MAGIC." Add numbers to turn the tiles into Scrabble letter pieces.
10. Secure "HOLIDAY" to the top of the frame and "MAGIC" to the bottom of the frame (in the Bright Grape-painted area) using any French Dimensions as adhesive. Let the piece dry completely.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
12. One fired, brush on 1-2 coats of Duncan Glittering Silver Sparkler to add a festive glitter.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! a |