Home is Where the Art is Technique Sheet
|Use our decorative stickies, and ceramic glaze to create a one of a kind ceramic bisque plate! Bring this custom art home.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Use our decorative stickies to create something one of a kind!
2307 Soho Server
8000 Heart 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Decorative Stickies
8001 Circle 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Decorative Stickies
8002 Diamond 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Decorative Stickies
8004 Star 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Decorative Stickies
8012 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape
CN071-8 Light Scarlet
CN112-8 Bright Delft
CN211-8 Light Taupe
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN293-8 Dark Purple
CN351-8 Light Sapphire
CN511-8 Sunflower Yellow
R2150-4 Aqualon Square Shader #4
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Fine Tip Sharpie
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use 2 long strips of 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" art tape to divide the server into four equal sections.
3. In the center of the server, use the art tape to mask a large square. Use scissors to create crisp corners.
4. Adhere 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Diamond Stickers to the top left section.
5. Adhere 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Heart Stickers to the bottom left section.
6. Adhere 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Star Stickers to the top right section.
7. Adhere 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Circle Stickers to the bottom right section.
8. Paint the top left section with 3 coats of Bright Delft.
9. Paint the bottom left section with 3 coats of Light Scarlet.
10. Paint the top right section with 3 coats of Dark Purple.
11. Paint the bottom right section with 3 coats of Light Sapphire.
12. Allow paint to dry completely, then gently remove art tape and each sticker using a small pin. If needed, use the tapered end of a paintbrush to touch up any any edges.
13. Using a Square Shader brush and 1 coat of Sunflower Yellow, paint dashes along the border of the center square and along each dividing section line.
14. In the center of the server, use a fine tip sharpie to sketch a large letter initial of your choice. Trace over the initial using a detail brush and 3 coats of Light Taupe. Let dry.
15. Centered over the large initial, sketch out the family name of your choice. Using a detail brush and Dark Black, trace over each letter. Let dry.
16. Use 3 coats of Sunflower Yellow to paint the bottom surface of the server. Let dry.
17. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |