Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Kids of all ages will love this whimsical design. Double the fun by stretching your design across two plaques!
935 Cascading Plaque (2)
5115 Round Button
BJ-1007 Blue Button Jar
BJ-1010 Marigold Button Jar
BW-02 Black Artistic Wire Gauge 22
CN011-8 Light Straw
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN201-8 Light Grey
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN342-8 Bright Pink
FD258 Really White French Dimensions
Assorted Crafter's Workshop Templates
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Ballpoint Pen or Pencil
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Sponge a thin layer of Really White all over your plaques. As this dries, cut out the basic Hippo template and position on one of your plaques.
2. Dip your sponge in water and press template onto the plaque, making sure to saturate it with water. Using a squeegee, carefully seal the edges by running it over the template, pulling it towards you. This will remove the excess moisture. Life up any excess water with a dry paper towel.
3. Paint 2-3 coats of Light Blue Spruce on your plaques. Position them so they're flsuh, with one above the other. Select one to two Crafter's Workshop templates. Layer them and place directly on top of the plaques. Dip a sponge dotter in Bright Aqua and place over the stencils.
4. Carefully life the templates. Without cleaning the dotter, apply Light Blue Spruce over top to soften the edges and create a cloud like effect.
5. Using a straight pin, carefully lift your Hippo Template from the plaque. Carefully clean any blurred areas with the angeled end of a Royal Brush.
6. Now it's time to paint your Hippo! Refer to your detailed template for outlines. Using 2-3 coats of each color, paint the head and hand Light Grey and Bright Grey. Paint the inside of his mouth and shirt Bright Pink. Finish him with Dark Black details like a cuff, nails, and a bow tie. Don't forget his button eye! Paint using a solid coat of Dark Black. Allow it to dry, then adhere it to your Hippo using a small amount of French Dimensions.
7. Using a fine liner brush, paint Light or Bright Grey balloon strings on each plaque. Select a large paint dotter, and alternate sponging Bright Pink, Bright Caribbean, Bright Purple, and Light Straw to create balloons. Fill in any light areas with a small round brush.
8. Glaze and fire to cone 06.
9. Once fired, create hangers for the plaques and attach them using Black Artistic Wire. String multicolored buttons between the plaques as accents.