Just Beachy Technique Sheet
|This multi-stage project will be sure to keep your campers entertained. This underwater scene is the perfect keepsake project that kids will love.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This multi-stage project will be sure to keep your campers entertained.
4691 Starfish (2)
5233 Angel Fish (2)
5234 Sun Fish
8301 E-6000 Adhesive
9597 Natural Sea Sponge
AA7010 Canvas Panel 12"x12"
RAA-5103 Cobalt Blue
RAA-5107 Primary Yellow
RAA-5109 Cadmium Orange
RAA-5110 Cadmium Red
RAA-5117 Cadmium Green
RAA-5143 Cerulean Blue
SG880 Crystal Sparkler
SG881 Glittering Silver Sparkler
SG882 Glittering Gold Sparkler
SG888 Ruby Red Sparkler
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Paint waves across the canvas using Cadmium Green and Cerulean Blue.
2. To create a ripple effect, sponge the surface with a slightly damp sponge. Let dry.
3. Brush a thick coat of Crystal Sparkler over each wave painted with Cadmium Green. Repeat using Glittering Silver on the Cerulean Blue. Let dry.
4. Near the bottom of the canvas panel, use Cadmium Red to paint coral. Once dry, finish with Ruby Red Sparkler.
5. Form long waves and spirals with gold wire. Use E6000 to adhere each wire swirl on the surface. TIP : Use painter's tape to hold the wire waves and swirls in place as the glue dries.
4. Paint each starfish with Primary Yellow. Use a detail brush and Cobalt Blue to paint small dots on each starfish. Apply a coat of Glittering Gold Sparkler to each.
5. Paint the octopus using Cobalt Blue. Leave the outer section of each eye unpainted white. Paint the inner section of each eye with Cadmium Orange. Paint its mouth with Primary Yellow. Brush on Glittering Gold Sparkler to every other tentacle.
6. Use a combination of Primary Yellow, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Red, and Cobalt Blue to paint each of the fish tag-alongs. Accent the fins of each fish using the Sparkler of your choice. Let dry.
7. Remove the painter's tape. Use E6000 to attach the fish.
8. Use E6000 to adhere your choice of blue buttons above each fish as bubbles. Let dry.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |