La Vie en Rose Technique Sheet
|This mosaic picture frame is just about the sweetest thing we've ever seen! With the addition of mosaic bits, this project really becomes one of a kind.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This picture frame is just about the sweetest thing we've ever seen!
BIM70606-0002 Dark Blue Small Nibbles & Bits
BIM70611-0002 Purple Small Nibbles & Bits
BIM70615 Mirrored Mosaic Chipettes
BIM-Butter-1lb Butter Grout
CN507-8 Neon Red
LA404 Rose Ornament
Mosaic Picture Frame
ST356 Wheeled Mosaic Nipper
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
To view an instructional video on completing a mosaic project from start to finish, click here.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe the rose add-on with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using a textured sponge, sponge the surface of the rose using Neon Red. Let dry.
3. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
4. Remove the glass in the frame opening and the frame back from the mosaic base. Set aside. You can insert these back into the frame once your project is completely finished.
5. Place the finished rose add-on on one corner of the frame surface. Use a pencil to trace around the add-on, then remove it. Extending from the same corner, use a pencil to sketch curved lines across the remaining surface.
6. Use adhesive to attach the rose add-on to the trace area.
7. Now, as you coat a small section of the surface at a time with adhesive, fill in each different section on the mosaic base surface with your mosaic pieces. Alternate using Dark Blue bits in the first section, then Mirrored Mosaic Miscellaniez in the second section, then Purple bits in the third section. Continue this pattern until the entire surface is covered. When needed, use the wheeled mosaic nipper to cut pieces to a desired size.
8. Let your mosaic project dry for 24-48 hours. Then, follow the grouting instructions to grout your project using Butter Cream grout.
9. Once you have grouted your mosaic project, use a paintbrush to paint the inside and outside edges of the mosaic base with Red. Let the edges dry completely before re-inserting the glass and frame back to your mosaic base.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |