Lets Owl Celebrate Technique Sheet
|This great bisuqeware piece is wonderful for serving pasta, or salad! It can't get cuter than this! Everyone will get a hoot out of this lovable design.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This great piece is wonderful for serving pasta or salad! It can't get much cuter than this!
648 Large Banded Family Style Bowl
CN021-8 Light Saffron
CN041-8 Light Papaya
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN211-8 Light Taupe
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN281-8 Light Brown
CN303-8 Dark Caribbean
CN331-8 Light Olive
CN332-8 Bright Olive
CN333-8 Dark Olive
CN502-8 Neon Blue
CN506-8 Neon Coral
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
8 Royal Aqualon 2845 Fan Brush
Assorted Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Print out template of owl and branch and cut out. Place cut outs on top of contact paper and cut out. Peel backing off the paper and place inside bowl making sure your branch extends to the edge of the piece.
3. Draw bunting (triangles) on contact paper and cut out. Place along the top of the bowl in a slight arch.
4. Squirt Bright Aqua into a bowl, and add equal parts water to paint. Do this with the Dark Caribbean, and Really White as well. You will need the most paint for the Bright Aqua and very little for the Dark Caribbean.
5. Using the 8 Royal Aqualon 2845 Fan Brush, apply a generous coat of watered down Bright Aqua over the entire piece. Accent all over the bowl by adding streaks of Dark Caribbean. Once satisfied, add in a very light wash of Really White. This will give it a more distressed look. Feel free to go back over the white with a little more Bright Aqua or Dark Caribbean. Be sure to paint the outside of the bowl as well.
6. Let dry, and remove contact paper with a straight pin.
7. Paint owl in Light Olive. Water down Dark Black to create a more washed out look on his wings. Give scallop marks on wings to look like feathers using the Detail Brush. Create spots on each feather with Light Olive.
8. Using Neon Blue, create medium sized circles for eyes. Once dry, make a smaller circle in Bright Olive, and accent in Dark Olive and Dark Black.
9. Add beak in Light Papaya. Paint branch in Light Taupe and accent branch in Light Brown. Create knots and outline in Dark Black. Continue outlining the whole owl in Dark Black as well.
10. Add leaves on branches in Light Olive. Accent in Dark Olive.
11. Now it's time to paint the bunting! Fill in with whatever bright colors you so choose and add in fun patterns to create more details! Outline in Dark Black.
12. Add Dark Caribbean dots evenly across the bowl.
13. Dip in Clear Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |