Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
No matter your heritage, paint this plate for a dose of the luck of the Irish!
240 Rim Dinner
CN172-8 Bright Kelp
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN272-8 Bright Jade
CN512-8 Green Apple
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
'Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Âº" and 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Painter's Tape
Textured Sponge (4)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Place the template provided on a sheet of transfer paper. Position the image in the center of the plate. With a pen, firmly trace over the image. Once done, lift up the image and, as a result, the banner and 3-leaf clover should appear on the surface of the unpainted bisque.
3. Paint the background areas of the banner with 3 coats of Bright Jade.
4. Paint the forefront areas of the banner, leaving the "Lucky You" block letters unpainted, with 3 coats of Green Apple.
5. Paint the clover with 3 coats of Bright Kelp.
6. With a detail brush, outline the background sections of the banner. Then, outline the "Lucky You" block letters. Paint thin stripes, with the same brush and color, in "Lucky."
7. Overlay the "Lucky You" block letters with thick letters in Bright Briarwood.
8. With a detail brush and Bright Briarwood, accent the 3-leaf clover. Then, outline the banner. Paint a thicker outline around the forefront banner areas and a thinner outline around the background areas of the banner. Let dry.
9. In a diagonal direction, alternate attaching strips of 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" and 'Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Âº" painter's tape on the rim. Press down firmly on each strip to get rid of any excess air bubbles.
10. With 3 textured sponges and a color combination of Bright Kelp, Green Apple, and Bright Jade, sponge large areas of each color on the unmasked areas on the rim. Overlap the colors somewhat where different colors meet. Let dry. Once dry, remove the painter's tape.
11. In the opposite diagonal direction, adhere strips of 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" painter's tape to the rim, with a 1/4" distance in between each strip.
12. With a textured sponge, sponge over the unmasked areas using Bright Briarwood. Once dry, remove the painter's tape.
13. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.