Magical Creatures Technique Sheet
|This whimsical fairy set will delight your camper's creative sides! Add in a mix of mushrooms, gnomes, and flowers to personalize your sample.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This whimsical fairy set will delight your camper's creative sides! Add in a mix of mushrooms, gnomes, and flowers to personalize your sample.
1574 Whimsy Mushroom
4365 Little Trixie Mighty Tot
CN111-8 Light Delft
CN221-8 Light Blush
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN244-8 Really White
CN272-8 Bright Jade
CN282-8 Bright Brown
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN341-8 Light Pink
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN501-8 Neon Yellow
CN507-8 Neon Red
FD258 Pure White
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Black Ultra-Fine Sharpie
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe each piece with a damp sponge to prepare for painting.
Whimsy Mushroom: 1. Use a fine black Sharpie to sketch a door and two windows onto the mushroom base.
2. Use 3 coats of Bright Brown to paint the base of the mushroom. Leave door and each window unpainted.
3. Using the tapered end of a paintbrush handle, scratch out wood grain lines throughout the Bright Brown painted base area.
4. Paint the door with 3 coats of Light Delft.
5. Paint each window with 3 coats of Neon Yellow. Let dry.
6. Paint the underside of the mushroom cap with 3 coats of Bright Purple. Accent with Bright Briarwood brushstrokes.
7. Paint the top surface of mushroom cap with 3 coats of Neon Red. Let dry.
8. Using a detail brush and Bright Briarwood, paint the door frame, hinges, and door knob. Paint each window frame, as well as stripes on the door with the same color.
9. On your pallet, mix 1 part Pure White to 2 parts Really White. Use 3-4 coats of color mix to paint large spots on the mushroom cap. Let dry.
Little Trixie Mighty Tot: 1. Paint the face, arms, and legs with 3 coats of Light Blush.
2. Paint the fairy's hair with Neon Yellow.
3. Paint the fairy's dress with Bright Jade.
4. Use a sponge to sponge each wing with Light Pink.
5. Paint the backside and outer lining of each wing with Dark Honeysuckle.
6. With a detail brush, add Light Delft dots to each wing. Add additional dots to the fairy's eyes, hemline, and neckline. Let dry.
Once completed, dip each piece in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |