Night Night Light Technique Sheet
|We love the peacock design, but try offering campers a mixture of frit colors. You'll be amazed by the wild spectrum of animals they'll create!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We love the peacock design, but try offering campers a mixture of frit colors. You'll be amazed by the wild spectrum of animals they'll create!
8301 E-6000 Adhesive
CF226.74F-20 Amazon Green Opalescent Frit - Fine
CF230.72F-20 Medium Blue Opalescent Frit - Fine
CF267.72F-20 Sunflower Opalescent Frit - Fine
GBITSASST Assorted Bits
GBLOCK60-726 Apple Jade Opalescent Block
GBS4-100-Ice 4 In. Square Clear Ice Transparent
ROMG-ASST Mardi Gras Rod Assortment
S56-96 Black Opalescent Stringers
SP450 Night Light Base
SP451 Brass Night Light Bracket
SP-8234 Glas Tac
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Shelf Paper
Detail Writer (optional)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Using a black Sharpie, sketch the sections of the animal. If you're using a template, place the guide below the clear glass and trace it.
2. Score and cut a 1" x 1 1/2" rectangle from the Apple Jade block. Use a Wheel Mosaic Cutter to nip the corners off the two corners of one short edge to create the body. Score and cut a bit diagonally in half to use for the belly and head feathers. Nip two small black rod pieces for eyes and five small yellow rod pieces for each feather eyespot. Finally, nip a small triangle bit for the beak.
3. Arrange the glass into place on your piece, and secure using a small amount of Glas-Tac.
4. Break small pieces of Black Stringers and arrange between each tail feather. To avoid rolling, first dip the end of the Stringer in Glas-Tac glue.
5. Fill the two bottom sections next to the body with Sunflower frit.
6. Use an angled straw to scoop a ring of Medium Blue frit around each yellow eyespot.
6. Fill in the remaining area of each tail feather with Amazon Green frit. Use a detail brush to brush off excess frit on the body and on each Stringer.
7. Once you've covered the surface with Frit, spritz the entire surface with non-aerosol hairspray. Let dry.
8. Place on a piece of Thinfire Shelf Paper and write the child's name on the paper with a Silver Sharpie. Fire to a contour fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
9. Use adhesive to attach fired project to the Brass Night Light Bracket, then attach bracket to the Night Light Base.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |