Off to Market Technique Sheet
|Display beautiful bisque summer produce with this beautiful market set! Seem's so real you'll think you just came home from the farmers market.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Display beautiful summer produce with this beautiful market set!
2138 Easter Egg (4)
2340 Berry Basket
2728 Milk Bottle
2919 Market Egg Crate
2936 Berry Collander
5600 Large Bow
8301 E-6000 Adhesive
CN031-8 Light Butternut
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN074-8 Really Red
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN343-8 Dark Pink
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe all pieces with a sponge to prepare for painting.
Berry Basket / Large Bow: 1. Paint the inside lower area of the basket with 3 coats of Light Butternut.
2. Paint the outside lower area of the basket with 3 coats of Bright Butternut.
3. Paint the rim of the basket with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Let dry.
4. Paint the bow with 3 coats of Fruit Punch. Use a detail brush and Really Red to accent the bow.
Milk Bottle / Cow: 1. Paint a rectangle on one flat surface of the bottle. Use painter's tape to achieve straight edges.
2. Fill in the rectangle shape with 3 coats of Fruit Punch. Once dry, remove painter's tape.
3. Paint the rim of the bottle with 2 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
4. To paint the cow, paint the nose area and udder with 3 coats of Dark Pink. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to paint spots on the body and around each eye. Use the same color to paint each hoof and nostril. Dot each eye with Bright Caribbean.
Market Egg Crate: 1. Use painter's tape to create stripes on the rim. Paint each unmasked stripe with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Once dry, remove painter's tape. Use the tapered end of a paintbrush to touch up any edges.
2. Paint the outside with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
3. Paint the inside with 3 coats of Dark Pink. Let dry.
Berry Collander: 1. Paint the inside with 3 coats of Fruit Punch.
2. Paint the outside surface with 3 coats of Light Kiwi. Let dry.
3. Dip a textured sponge into Bright Kiwi. Sponge stripes down the outside surface.
4. With a detail brush and Dark Black, outline each hole on the inside to create the look of seeds. Let dry.
5. Feed a pipe cleaner through any holes that have been covered by paint.
Leave each egg unpainted white.
Once all other pieces are completed, dip all pieces in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
After firing, use E-6000 to attach the cow tag-along to the milk bottle and the bow to the berry basket.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |