Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Pointillism is a great technique for children, because it relies on filling sketched outlines with small dots of color. Let campers pick their favorite things to paint.
1862 Square Vessel
CN012-8 Bright Straw
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN141-8 Light Aqua
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN271-8 Light Jade
CN291-8 Light Purple
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN311-8 Light Ginger
CN353-8 Dark Sapphire
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
CN502-8 Neon Blue
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN510-8 Earthen Moss
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Black Ultra-Fine Sharpie
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint one side of the Square Vessel with 3 coats of Bright Straw.
3. Paint the opposite side with 3 coats of Light Purple.
4. On a 3" x 4" piece of contact paper, use a black sharpie to draw the shape outline of one favorite thing. On another piece of contact paper, draw the shape outline of a second favorite thing. In this project, we drew an ice cream cone and a fox.
5. Cut out each favorite thing shape. Remove the protective backing, then firmly adhere each shape to one of two unpainted sides.
6. Paint one unpainted side with 3 coats of Light Aqua. Paint the other unpainted side with 3 coats of Light Jade. Once dry, gently remove contact paper shape.
7. In each favorite thing shape, use a fine black Sharpie to draw the shape details.
8. Using either a Q-tip, a toothpick, or the tip of a detail brush, fill in each shape with small colored dots.
9. To paint the ice cream cone, we used Fruit Punch and Bright Honeysuckle to fill in the syrup topping, Bright Briarwood to fill in the ice cream color, Earthen Moss to trace the checkerboard cone lines, and Bright Butternut to fill in the rest of the cone.
10. To paint the fox, we used Light Ginger to paint the tail end, chest, and cheeks; Bright Honeysuckle to paint the ears; Neon Orange to paint the body, tail, and head; and Dark Black to paint the nose and eyes.
11. On one fully painted side, use a thin black Sharpie to sketch out one favorite place. On the other fully painted side, sketch out a second favorite place. For this project, we drew a house and a beach scene.
12. To paint the house scene, we used Neon Blue to paint the clouds, Earthen Moss and Bright Briarwood to paint the roof, Bright Honeysuckle and Fruit Punch to paint the house sides, Bright Briarwood to paint the door, Dark Black and Bright Butternut to paint the windows, and Bright Kiwi to paint the grass.
13. To paint the beach scene, we used Neon Orange to paint the sun, Really White to paint the umbrella stand, Fruit Punch and Bright Purple to paint the umbrella, Earthen Moss to paint the sand, and Neon Blue and Dark Sapphire to paint the water.
14. Paint the inside with 3 coats of Dark Sapphire. Let dry.
15. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.