Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This gorgeous piece will make for a great, unique gift wrapping idea for the upcoming holidays!
1296 Big Square Box
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN152-8 Bright Blue Spruce
CN153-8 Dark Blue Spruce
CN293-8 Dark Purple
CN303-8 Dark Caribbean
CN511-8 Sunflower Yellow
CN513-8 Deep Berry
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
Assorted Aqualon Brushes
RSTCCT Concentric Circle Template
RSTF100 Foam Squares (4)
FAB3604 Poinsettia Flourish
>SFL34095 Polish Inspirations
FAB3603 Posy Garland
Pretty Peacock Template
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Load four separate foam squares with small amounts of Bright Nautical, Dark Blue Spruce, Dark Purple, and Deep Berry. Smooth the glaze into the foam using your finger. Start with a small amount of glaze and add a little bit at a time. Set to side.
3. Using your transfer paper and pretty peacock template, trace peacock on bottom left side of lid. To transfer template, place template over transfer paper and line up together over the area you want the peacock to appear. Trace over outline of peacock, fairly hard, to get the imprint, once complete, remove template and transfer paper.
4. Using the largest circle on the Concentric Heart Template, trace a little above the center of the lid. Trace the inside and the outside of the circle. Repeat on the left and right side of the existing circle. They will overlap, and hang off the box a little, and that is okay. Do not trace the area that overlaps the other circle.
5. Next, using the next largest circle, place inside the existing circles traced, and trace the inner area of the circle. Continue doing so in the other two circles as well. Repeat, using the smaller circle, and finally the smallest. Feel free to trace smallest circle in more areas for the center feather dots.
6. Water down a little bit of Dark Blue spruce and paint circles in a circular motion. Apply a heavier coat on the outer areas of the circles, and leaving a more washed out coat in the center of the circles. This creates depth.
7. Paint peacock in Dark Caribbean. Paint about two coats, not too heavily to create a streaky coat. Outline body in Bright Nautical and add an eye with eyelashes in using the Detail Brush.
8. Using the Detail Brush and Sunflower Yellow, apply three heavy coats to the beak. Outline with Bright Nautical.
9. Apply two to three coats of Dark Caribbean in each small circle. These will be the "eyes" of the peacock feathers.
10. Starting with the Deep Berry underglaze cup, stamp the leaf that is in the Polish Inspirations set around the next smallest circle. You can test your pressure and paint amount on a piece of paper before applying on the lid if you wish.
11. Now, use the large flower in the Polish Inspirations set and dip intp Dark Blue Spruce. Stamp along the next circle outline. Next, stamp the cluster of flowers in the Posy Garland set around the outer circle in Dark Purple.
12. Continue stamping around the rest of the circles on the lid. Sticking with the small leaf in the small circle, the flower in the medium circle, and the cluster of flowers on the outer circle.
13. Now take the poinsettia stamp and stamp in the bottom of the Dark Caribbean "eyes" using the Bright Nautical cup.
14. Using the detail brush, create dots in the center of each poinsettia, making a large dot first in Bright Blue Spruce, and a smaller dot of Deep Berry in the center of the Bright Blue Spruce. Create tiny Bright Nautical dots stemming from the points of the poinsettia in each "eye".
15. Using the curly stamp in the Poinsettia Set, dip in Bright Nautical, and stamp around each eye, and on top of the head of the peacock.
16. With the ruler, mark off the middle area of each side of the base of the box. Make a mark two inches from either side of the center mark. Draw a line down on each three points. Continue to do this on each side of the box.
17. Stamp the curly stamp from the poinsettia set on either side of each line, making a mirror image. Repeat three times per each line on each side. Using the detail brush, create dots down the center of each curl, using the Dark Caribbean and Deep Berry.
18. Paint the sides and back of the lid in Bright Nautical. Paint the inside of the box as well in Bright Nautical.
19. Dip in Clear Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.