Say Cheese! Technique Sheet
|Say cheese! Make memories last forever with this fun photo mosaic project. A unique take on a picture frame. It's sure to get people to stop, and take a look.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Say cheese! Make memories last forever with this fun photo mosaic project.
For step-by-step photos and additional project information, download the PDF!
BIM538 Medium Blue Glitter Mosaic Tiles 20 mm
BIM546 Silver Glitter Mosaic Tiles 20 mm
BIM590 Orange Smoothies
BIM-WHITE-1lb White Grout
BIM72064 Clear Mosaic Chipettes
BIM8009 Square Plaque - Sm
Acrylic Paint (optional)
Laminated or Printed Photo
Paintbrush or Foam Brush
Plastic Spoon (to mix grout)
Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Attach your printed or laminated photo (approx. 3" square) to the mosaic base with a glue stick.
TIP: If using a printed photo, prevent ink from bleeding by decoupaging the photo to the base prior to adding mosaic tiles.
2. Using a toothpick to apply corner pinpoints of Weldbond to each tile, adhere an assortment of Clear tiles over the photo area.
3. Around the photo center, alternate adhering Medium Blue and Silver Glitter tiles - positioned like diamonds - to create the checkered border.
4. Fill in the remaining gaps around the project border with Orange Smoothies.
5. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS :
1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl.
2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency.
3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean.
4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
6. Once grouted, paint the edges with acrylics if desired.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |