Servings of Joy Technique Sheet
|Hello gorgeous! This project uses a classic Spolvero Italian design to create a one-of-a-kind statement piece for your next gathering.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Hello gorgeous! This project uses a classic Spolvero Italian design to create a one-of-a-kind statement piece for your next gathering.
447 9" Rustica Dish
8122 Writer Bottle and Pen Cap - 20 Gauge
BLS918-8 Mint Shake
BLS927-8 Sweet Dreams
BLS928-8 Blue Lagoon
BLS929-8 Blue Hawaii
GBS8BLS930-8 Deep Blue Sea
MHC5999 Dusting Kit
MHC6505 Tile Design 5
SG595-0 Soft Grip Gold Taklon Script Liner
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the inside of dish with 3-4 coats of Sweet Dreams.
3. Paint the outside of dish with 3-4 coats of Blue Hawaii. Leave the rim of dish unpainted.
4. Paint the inside edges of each handle with 3-4 coats of Deep Blue Sea.
5. Pour a small amount of dusting powder (charcoal) into a shallow dish.
6. Pick up the rubbing pad/pouch and dab in powder. For best results, use only a small amount of powder at a time.
7. Position a flower Spolvero design inside the center of the dish. Hold design steady and begin rubbing the powdered pouch across its surface. Gently lift design to reveal image transfer.
8. With a writer bottle filled with Deep Blue Sea, outline the transferred Spolvero designs, where desired. Alternate using solid and dotted lines to outline.
9. Paint the inner circle of flower center with 3-4 coats of Mint Shake. Paint the outer circle of flower center with Blue Lagoon.
10. Paint each large flower petal with 3-4 coats of Blue Hawaii.
11. Paint the smaller flower petals, in between the larger flower petals, with 3-4 coats of Mint Shake.
12. Paint the background areas of flower design with 3-4 coats of Blue Lagoon.
13. Paint the outer ring around design with 3-4 coats of Mint Shake.
14. Add small and large dots around the border of dish center, alternating using Deep Blue Sea (small dots) and Ele-Fun (large dots).
15. With a liner brush and Deep Blue Sea, lightly accent the large flower petals.
16. Once completed, dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |