Shimmery Shatter Technique Sheet
|We love the Shattered look of this background! Paired with a Coarse Clear Carolina Frit, this fishy scene is positively bubbling with personality!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We love the Shattered look of this background! Paired with a Coarse Clear Carolina Frit, this fishy scene is positively bubbling with personality!
GBS8-200 8" Square White Blanks
CF100C Carolina Frit Clear Coarse
GBLOC100 Clear Blocks
GBLOC2702 Orange Opal Opaque Blocks
GBS12-633-76 Crystal Opal Blue/Aqua Glass Blank (12" cut into 4 6" squares)
RO56-96 Black Rod
S2502-96 Red Opal Stringer
ST340 Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Elmer's Gel Glue
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Wrap your Crystal Opal Art Blank inside a Foam Square. Lay upside down inside a low cardboard box and lightly tap with a Rubber Mallet. (Be careful! Hitting it too hard can cause too much shatter. Test your pressure on a scrap piece of glass first.)
2. Spread a thin layer of Glue all over your 8" Square White Blank. Carefully unwrap the shattered piece of Opal Art, making sure to not move the pieces around. Turn your blank over and press the glue against the shattered pieces, picking them up from the foam.
3. Turn your blank right side up, and arrange any stray pieces into place. Fill the spaces between with Clear Coarse Carolina Frit, allowing some to spill out onto the Opal Art. This will create the look of bubbles.
4. Sketch a small and large fish shape and two triangles onto your Orange Opal Opaque Blocks. Score and break the pieces, then adhere them to your blank with glue. Use the triangles for the fish tails.
5. Nip two Black Rod dots for eyes into a nipping basket.
6. Carefully break Red Opal Stringers between your fingers and lay into place on your fish tails.
7. Mimicking the shape of the larger fish, cut two small fins out of a clear block. Glue onto your fish, and decorate with Red Opal Stringers.
8. Let Dry. Contour fuse using the 6 segment program provided.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |