Sky for Days Technique Sheet
|Let a little sunshine in with this magical project. With this bisqueware plate, and sunburst template, letting the sunshine in couldn't be any easier!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Let a little sunshine in with this magical project.
105 Sassy Square Plate
CN101-8 Light Heather
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN132-8 Bright Tidepool
CN162-8 Bright Wintergreen
CN222-8 Bright Blush
CN261-8 Light Grape
CN512-8 Green Apple
TCW166 Sunburst - 12" x 12" Template
TCW219 Punchinella - 12" x 12" Template
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use painter's tape to mask the rim of the plate, leaving the center uncovered.
3. Position the Sunburst template onto the plate.
4. Using a textured sponge, sponge the center of the sunburst using Bright Tidepool. Make sure to hold the template down as you sponge, and blot the sponge on a paper towel before applying to the piece.
5. Repeat step four with Green Apple in the section around Bright Tidepool.
6. Continue sponging concentric rings with Light Heather, Light Grape, and Bright Blush. Working outwards from the center of the template, remove the template from the surface of the plate once you reach the edge.
7. Using a detail brush and Bright Nautical, paint a swirl in the center circle of the sunburst and curving rays extending from the circle. Once the paint has lost most of its sheen, carefully remove the painter's tape from the edge of the plate.
8. Use a pencil to trace one row of the chicken wire pattern on the left edge of the plate's rim. Repeat on the right edge of the plate. You may wish to randomly trace this pattern in other areas of the rim as well.
9. Outline the chicken wire shapes using a detail brush and Bright Tidepool. Use the same brush and color to randomy fill in some of the shapes.
10. Embellish the remainder of the rim wish swirling Bright Wintergreen lines and doodles. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |