Sunshiney Day Technique Sheet
|You won't believe how simple it is to achieve stellar results with this cool glass sgraffito technique! A superb coversational piece of art.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
You won't believe how simple it is to achieve stellar results with this cool glass sgraffito technique!
CF-171-F Orange Fine Frit
CF-267.72-F Sunflower Fine Frit
CF-533-3-F Deep Aqua Fine Frit
GBC6-1006" Clear Circle
GL02Black Glassline Pen
S355-96 Marigold Stringers
S5333-96 Deep Aqua Glass Stringers
SP-8234 Glas Tac
ST356 Wheeled Mosaic Nippers
TCW166s Sunburst Template
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
To view our video on the glass sgraffito technique, click here
| || |
1. Sponge three coats of black Glassline onto the 6" Clear Circle, allowing the paint to dry after each coat.
2. Lay stencil on top of dry Glassline paint. Using a Fine Tip Sharpie, trace design onto glass blank and remove.
3. Using a wooden skewer, carve into the outlined portions of the stencil. Use a paintbrush to gently wipe away excess paint.
4. Using a Wheeled Mosaic Nipper, nip the Marigold and Deep Aqua stringers into 1" pieces.
5. Arrange stringers in the center of the starburst design. Secure with a small amount of Glas Tac.
6. Using an angled straw, arrange Sunflower, Deep Aqua, and Orange frit around the edge of the Starburst.
7. Dispense small amounts of Glas Tac over the frit, being careful not to flood the section with glue.
8. Allow the piece to completely dry.
9. Once dry, center and place the 6" Lemongrass Square on top of the circle and carefully flip over, sandwiching the Glassline design in the center of the glass blanks.
10. Fire to a full fuse with a bubble squeeze, and enjoy!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |