Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Don't be fooled by its size--this sweet little stand can hold whatever you need it to!
2551 Ruffled Cupcake Stand
CN022-8 Bright Saffron
CN033-8 Dark Butternut
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
CN342-8 Bright Pink
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN507-8 Neon Red
CN512 Green Apple
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Round Object to trace
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out multiple, different-sized triangles from contact paper. Attach to the stand's surface across the top to create a banner effect.
3. Using a pencil, trace the cupcake template onto contact paper. Cut out, place in center of piece. Press firmly to remove any excess air bubbles.
4. Using a textured sponge, sponge the surface of the piece with Bright Pink. Sponge more densely around the rim, and less densely in the center.
5. Place circular reinforcement labels in the center of the piece. Using the textured sponge, sponge the piece using Dark Honeysuckle.
6. Carefully remove reinforcement labels and contact paper cut-outs.
7. Use a detail brush and the colors Bright Saffron, Dark Butternut, Bright Purple, and Green Apple to paint different patterns in each triangle.
8. With a detail brush and Dark Ginger, connect the shapes to make a banner.
9. With a pencil, outline the cupcake image and add detail. In the bottom half, sketch stripes. Sketch a swirling line from the top to the bottom of the 'Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…"icing' portion. Also, left of the cupcake, sketch a few differently-sized hearts.
10. Paint the bottom half of the cupcake using Dark Ginger and Bright Purple. Paint the hearts Neon Red using a small brush.
11. Trace the swirling icing with Dark Butternut and a detail brush. Outline entire section using Bright Briarwood. Add sprinkles with small etchings in the white area using Dark Honeysuckle, Green Apple, and Bright Saffron.
12. In pencil, write out "A cupcake is always a good idea," along the rim underneath the cupcake. Fill in with a detail brush and Bright Briarwood.
13. Paint the underside of the piece Green Apple.
14. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.