Wild One Technique Sheet
|Art meets design for a walk on the wild side. This ceramic bisque project makes a great project for a fun weekend or ladies' night sip and paint.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Art meets design for a walk on the wild side.
2574 Small Rectangle Surfside Server
8013 Art Tape Assortment
BLS901-8 Sunny Tuscany
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS915-8 Caramel Swirl
BLS916-8 Papa Bear
BLS919-8 Mermaid's Song
BLS929-8 Blue Hawaii
CMC2oz Glaze Thickening Powder
SSDALPU18 Upper Case Alphabet Silk Screen
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out each silk screen letter (W, I, L, D), leaving at least a 1/4" border around each screen letter. Position the letters within the center of the server, then use an assortment of Art Tape to secure the screen letters to the bisque surface.
3. Pour a quarter-sized amount of Mermaid's Song onto your palette. Add a pinch of Glaze Thickening powder to the underglaze color, then mix using a pallet knife until you reach a peanut butter consistency.
4. Repeat step #3 on your palette using Blue Hawaii.
5. Dip your finger in the thickened Mermaid's Song mixture, and rub the color into the upper half of each screen letter. Dab and smooth the paint as you work the color into the screen design.
6. Repeat step #5 using the thickened Blue Hawaii mixture to fill in the bottom half of each screen letter.
7. Once completed, gently lift and remove each silk screen letter and all art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze. Allow paint to dry completely.
8. Use strips of 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape to mask the center area of the server, over the silk screened letters. Use scissors to cut straight edges.
9. Paint the rim of the server with 3-4 coats of Caramel Swirl. Allow paint to dry completely. Once dry, remove Art Tape.
10. Across the upper rim, use a water-based marker to gently sketch out "Be a little." Use a detail brush and 2 coats of Black Swan to trace over "Be." Trace over "a little" with a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Chianti.
11. Across the lower rim, gently sketch out an arrow design. See the provided template if needed. Use a detail brush to trace over and fill in the arrow design with 2 coats of Black Swan.
12. While the paint is still slightly damp, use the tapered end of a paintbrush to carve over accent areas of the arrow design. The accent carvings will give the arrow a distressed look.
13. Around the outer edge of the server, use a detail brush to paint small dash marks with 3 coats Sunny Tuscany. Let dry.
14. Paint the underside of the server with 3-4 coats of Papa Bear. Let dry.
12. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |