Wonderland Wanderings Technique Sheet
|Fall down the creative rabbit hole with this groovy mug! Take a trip to wonderland every time you have a cup of coffee, just try not to get lost!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Fall down the creative rabbit hole with this groovy mug!
2764 The Wonderland Mug
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN191-8 Light Ivy
CN221-8 Light Blush
AN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN282-8 Bright Brown
CN303-8 Dark Caribbean
CN343-8 Dark Pink
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
SG595-0 Soft Grip Gold Taklon Script
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Thin Permanent Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Draw and cut out the rabbit, mushrooms, and flower shapes from contact paper. Firmly adhere the rabbit and mushrooms along the bottom edge of the mug, and the flowers in the empty areas.
3. Paint the outside surface and handle with 3 solid coats of Bright Brown. Let dry.
4. Use a liner brush and Bright Briarwood to paint wood grain lines around the outside of the mug. Use the same color to paint a circle around the rabbit. Once dry, remove contact paper.
5. Using the template as a guide, sketch in the rabbit, mushroom, and flower details.
6. To paint the rabbit, paint the ovals and toe marks on each foot with Dark Pink. Use the same color for the bunny tail. With a detail brush and Dark Black, lightly outline the image.
7. Paint each mushroom stock with 3 coats of Light Blush.
8. Use Bright Grape and Fruit Punch to paint each mushroom cap.
9. Lightly outline and accent each mushroom with a detail brush and Dark Black.
10. Fill in one flower with 3 coats of Dark Caribbean. Use 3 coats of Fruit Punch to paint the center circle, and Light Ivy to paint the stem and leaves.
11. Fill in the second flower with 3 coats of Bright Aqua. Paint the center circle with Bright Grape, and the stem and leaves with Light Ivy.
12. Outline each flower with a detail brush and Dark Black.
13. Paint the inside and bottom of the mug with 3 coats of Bright Grape.
14. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |