Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Toothbrush Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. With a pencil, sketch out the "Teaching is a work of heart" in the center of the bowl. With a detail brush fill in with Dark Black and "heart" in Really Red.
3. Have children place fingerprints in a "v" shape. To paint each child's fingerprints, choose one of the following colors: Bright Purple, Bright Plum, Bright Pink, Dark Honeysuckle, Fruit Punch, or Neon Coral.
4. Paint a heart using 3 coats of Bright Grey around each set of fingerprints.
5. Paint the outside of the bowl with 2-3 coats of Light Butternut.
6. Dip a toothbrush into Light Butternut. Using your thumb to flick the paint off the bristles, lightly speckle the inside of the bowl.
7. In pencil, sketch out the teacher's name and school year. Sketch out all the children's names around the rim of the bowl, in a smaller font and around the teacher's name. Using Dark Black, trace over the names and school year with a detail brush.