Among the Wildflowers Technique Sheet
|With the focus on earth-friendly living, we’re embracing natural motifs in a big way. This project features delicate florals and silk screen monogram designs.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
With the focus on earth-friendly living, we’re embracing natural motifs in a big way. This project features delicate florals and silk screen monogram designs that customers will love to recreate.
164 Medium Oval Plate
8009 ¼” Art Tape
9597 Natural Sea Sponge
CMC2oz Glaze Thickening Powder
CN031-8 Light Butternut
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN152-8 Bright Blue Spruce
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN343-8 Dark Pink
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
CN504-8 Neon Orange
FD274 Light Pink
SARALRED Saral Transfer Paper
SSDALPU18 Upper Case Alphabet Silk Screen
SSDALPL19 Lower Case Alphabet Silk Screen
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out each silk
screen letter to create your own monogram design. Leave at least a ¼” border
around each screen letter. Position the letters within the center of the plate,
then use ¼” Art Tape to secure the screen letters to the bisque surface.
3. Pour a
quarter-sized amount of Fruit Punch onto your palette. Add a pinch of Glaze
Thickening powder to the underglaze color, then mix using a pallet knife until
you reach a peanut butter consistency.
4. Dip your finger in the thickened Fruit Punch mixture, and rub the
color into the center screen letter. Dab and smooth the paint as you work the
color into the screen design.
5. Apply a small amount of Light Pink to your palette. Repeat step
#4 to dab and smooth the French Dimensions paint into the remaining screen
letter designs until all areas are filled with color.
6. Once completed, gently lift and remove each silk screen letter and
all art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze. Allow
paint to dry completely.
7. Cut out the printed template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper that
fits the template size. Position the Saral Transfer Paper sheet, red side down,
along the bottom left edge of the plate with the printed template on top.
Secure around the edges with Art Tape.
8. Trace over the template image with a pen, then remove template and
Saral paper to reveal transferred design.
9. Repeat step #7 and #8 to transfer the same design to the top right
edge of the plate. Use the same technique to transfer the floral designs around
the center monogram letter.
10. Use a Natural Sea Sponge and Bright Aqua to sponge color around the
edges and border of the plate. Let dry.
11. Use a detail brush and 3 coats of Neon Orange to fill in the larger
flower bordering the center monogram letter. Use 3 coats of Light Butternut to
fill in the smaller flower. Once dry, dot the large flower center with Bright
Butternut and the small flower center with Dark Honeysuckle. Alternate using 3
coats each of Light Kiwi and Bright Blue Spruce to fill in the leaf designs.
12. Fill in the border flowers using a color combination of Light
Butternut, Bright Blue Spruce, Dark Pink, Dark Honeysuckle, Fruit Punch, and
Neon Orange. See the project image for color placement.
13. Accent the flower designs using alternate colors within the color
14. Alternate using 3 coats each of Light Kiwi and Bright Blue Spruce to
fill in the various stem and leaf designs within the floral border designs.
Allow paint to dry completely.
Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
Click here to view and download the Image!
Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF!