Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Pen Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut a circle from contact paper to match the size of the plate center. Once cut, remove the protective backing and then adhere firmly to the plate center.
3. Use a water-based marker to separate the inside plate edges into three sections.
4. Use strips of 5/8" Art Tape to mask stripes. For each section, angle the the striped patterns in different directions.
5. Paint the inside edges of the plate with 3-4 coats of Mint Shake. Once dry, remove Art Tape from the bisque surface.
6. Cut out the provided anchor template design and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper. Position the transfer paper, red side down, in the center of the plate with the template on top. Use a pen to trace the template design, then lift the template and Saral paper to reveal the transferred design.
7. Fill in the anchor with 3-4 coats of Ele-Fun. Let dry.
8. To customize the plate with a personalized monogram, prepare or print out a monogram design of your choice. Use the same technique used in step #6 to transfer the monogram design to the plate center. Trace over the design with a detail brush and 3 coats of Deep Blue Sea.
9. Around the center circle of the plate, lightly paint small dash lines using a detail brush and Deep Blue Sea. Let dry.
10. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.