Elmer's Gel Glue Small Plastic Cups Q-tips Ruler Sharpie ST540 Thinfire Paper ST352 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Create a border on the Mardi Gars blank with Cherry Red Noodles. Nip of the excess of each noodle with the Wheel Mosaic Cutter. Attach Noodles with a dab of glue. TIP: A little glue goes a long way on glass.
2. Add White Stringers on the inside of each Cherry Red Noodle and attach with glue.
3. Use the Sharpie to draw a large anchor onto the blank.
4. Glue Light Blue Bits onto the anchor drawing. We started at the top with a 3 x 3 Bit square, leaving out the middle piece. Place a bit underneath the center bit of the square you just created.
5. Place another bit down, and add two bits on either side of the middle piece. Place one more Bit underneath this row, adding three on either side. Next, place two rows of fourteen squares down. Center the two rows in-between the center Bit of the horizontal row you just made.
6. Build seven sets of two rows out to the left, creating a slight curve up. On the bottom right side, create six sets of two rows coming out with a slight curve up.
7. Create a 3 x 3 square of Bits on either side, with the bottom middle point of the square touching the curved bottom part of the anchor.
8. Glue all Bits into place using the q-tip and glue.
9. Place in kiln on top of Thinfire paper. Make sure to check to see if all pieces are placed correctly before turning kiln on!