Visit the ancient world with this one of a kind inspired piece!
767 Tribal Vase CN253-8 Dark Black Concepts CN193-8 Dark Ivy Concepts TM321-16 Dusty Sage True Matte Glaze
Bowl of Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Paint two thick layers of Dark Black on the outside of the vase and let dry.
2. Use a sponge and clean water to wipe the dark black off of the vase. The Black will fall into and stain the cracks and crevices of the vase. Clean the sponge often!
3. In a jar, mix equal parts of distilled water and dark ivy and pour into the vase. Roll the vase in your hand to move the thinned glaze along the inside of the vase. Repeat until the inside of the vase is covered. Pour the excess glaze into the jar. Use a clean sponge to wipe away any drips from the lip of the vase. Brush thinned glaze over any parts that were missed.
4. Paint two thick coats of Dusty Sage on the outside of the vase.
5. Paint a third coat of Dusty Sage making sure to keep it mostly on the high parts of the vase.
6. Optional Use a small brush to add Dark Black to the cracks of the vase. Blend the Dark Black into the Dusty Sage with a small amount of clean water.
7. Use a small brush to add a fourth layer of Dusty Sage to the high parts of the vase
8. Thin a puddle of Dark Ivy with water and load a medium brush with glaze. Hold in your dominant hand and use your pointer finger to tap the ferrule of the brush for perfectly random splatters. Splatter all over!