Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We love this punchy pattern paired with the bright hues of Lemongrass and Alpine Blue!
4GBS-10-100S-ICE-F 10" Square Clear
GSTRIP210-71 Ivory Opalescent Strips
20GSTRIPS-211-76S-F Chocolate Brown Opalescent Strips
GSTRIP226-72 Lemongrass Opalescent Strips
20GSTRIPS-230-72S-F Medium Blue Opalescent Strips
20GSTRIPS-238-72S-F Alpine Blue Opalescent Strips
GSTRIP240-74 Lilac Opalescent Strips
B005A61HZG What-a-Bit -1/8 inch Carbide Bit
Elmer's Clear Glue
SP-415 Glass Separator
SK-7799 Hake Brush
ST352 Pistol Grip Cutter
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Using your Sharpie and ruler, divide glass blank into four, 5" squares.
2. Now using your Sharpie and ruler, create a diamond shape that intersects diagonally through the four sections.
3. Starting with the bottom right corner, place the following strips in order vertically to right of the center line: Chocolate Brown, Lemongrass, Medium Blue Opaque, Ivory, Lilac, Alpine Blue, Chocolate Brown, Lemongrass, and Medium Blue Opaque.
4. Using the Sharpie and ruler, mark off the strips where they intersect with the middle of the glass blank.
5. Starting at the bottom left corner of the section, draw a line from the bottom left corner of the Chocolate Brown strip all the way up to the top right Medium Blue Opaque Strip at the top of the top right corner of the section.
6. Remove strips from section. Score a line on top of the mark on each strip then break each piece.
7. Starting at the bottom lay out new strips horizontally in the following order: Medium Blue Opaque, Chocolate Brown, Ivory, Lemongrass, Alpine Blue, Chocolate Brown, Lilac, Medium Blue Opaque, Ivory.
8. Place the vertical pieces on top of the horizontal. Trace the angle with the Sharpie where the two strips meet. Draw a line down the strips where they hang off the blank. These two marks will be your guideline for the next set of scores/breaks.
9. Score and break all of the remaining strips. Assemble the horizontal and vertical strips with glue.
10. Repeat, rotating accordingly with the last three sections.
11. Place glass on Thinfire paper and fire to a full fuse.
12. Once fused, slump as desired.