Bisque Imports / Baby Steps Technique Sheet
Baby Steps Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create lasting memories with this adorable keepsake!
GBS-4x6-100-ICE Ice Clear Sheet Glass - 4" x 6"
GL02 Black Glassline Pen
1GSLAB-6x12-533-1S-F Sky Blue Glass Transparent Slab
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Paper
ST551 1/8 In. Fiberfrax Paper
Portable Glass Fusing Tile (Bisque Tile)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Place a sheet of Thinfire Paper onto a 7" or larger bisque tile to create a portable glass fusing tile.
2. Position the child's footprints on a sheet of Fiberfrax Paper and trace the shape of each footprint with a water-based marker.
3. Cut out each footprint shape and position side-by-side onto the fusing tile. Set aside.
4. Use a ruler to measure out a 4" x 6" rectangle from a Sky Blue Transparent Slab. Score each line with a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, then break along each line with 1" Running Pliers.
5. Using a Black Glassline Pen, customize the Sky Blue cut glass with the child's name and age.
6. Place both the 4" x 6" Ice Clear glass and the 4" x 6" Sky Blue Transparent glass on top of the footprint cut-outs. Position as desired.
7. Place the portable fusing tile directly into the kiln.
8. Full fuse using the Spectrum segment 6 firing schedule.
9. Once fired, wash off any remaining Fiberfrax paper on the backside of the glass piece with running water and soap. Wipe clean.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |