Bisque Imports / Baroque Decor Technique Sheet
Baroque Decor Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Duncan True Matte Pastels give this elegant decor piece a matte finish with modern appeal.
1407 Baroque Bird
TM301-4 MarshMallow Creme
TM302-4 Rainy Day
TM306-4 Baby Blues
TM308-4 Sweet Dreams
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the entire bird with 3 coats of MarshMallow Creme and allow time to dry.
3. Paint the beak with 3 coats of Moonlight.
4. Paint the feet with 3 coats of Dreamsicle.
5. Paint each wing with 3 coats of Baby Blues. Using the same color and a detail brush, fill in the eyes.
6. On the belly of the bird, paint the raised designs using a detail brush and 3 coats of Minted.
7. Repeat step #6 using a detail brush and 3 coats of Sweet Dreams to paint the raised designs on the back of the bird. Let dry.
8. With a liner or detail brush, accent the grooves on the bird's neck and tail feathers using 1-2 coats of Rainy Day. Allow project to dry completely.
9. Fire completed project to Cone 06.