Assorted Paintbrushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Pen Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out a large circle from contact paper. Remove the protective backing, then adhere to the frame surface.
3. Create stripes across the frame surface with ¾" Art Tape.
4. Sponge the frame surface and edges with 3 coats of Black Swan. Once completely dry, remove Art Tape and contact paper shape.
5. Cut out the printed template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper of similar size. Position the Saral paper - red side facing down - within the circle shape with the printed template positioned on top. Secure the transfer paper and template in place with tape.
6. Use a pen to trace the template design. Once traced, remove the sheet of Saral paper and template to reveal the transferred design.
7. Fill in the transferred heart shape with 3 coats of Strawberry Field.
8. Use a detail brush and 2 coats of Amber Sparks to trace over the transferred "Be Mine" design. Let dry.
9. Use a detail brush and 2 coats of Black Swan to retrace over the "Be Mine" design. Once fired, the Fairy Dust will create a halo effect around the letters.
10. Along the top and bottom half of the circle, use a detail brush and Black Swan to paint wispy border lines. Add 3 dots with the same color in the spaces where the border lines meet. Allow project to dry completely.
11. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.