Latex Gloves Paper Towels Pencil Plastic Spoon (to mix grout) Q-Tips Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Sketch your letter or monogram design shape and background design with a pencil.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive, adhere your choice of colored Smoothies to fill in the letter or monogram shape. For this project, we used Pastel Plum Smoothies.
3. Use an assortment of colored Smoothies to fill in the background design. For this project, we sketched a striped background. To fill in the stripes, we used Teal and Grass Green Smoothies.
4. Optional : If desired, adhere your choice of colored tiles to the edges of the plaque base. For this project, we adhered a row of Pitch Black mosaic tiles along each edge.
5. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS : 1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl. 2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency. 3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean. 4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.