Bisque Imports /
Beachin' It Project
Beachin' It Project
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
One of life's greatest truths : everything's better in flip flops.
1015 Funky Plaque Kit
5220 Flip Flops (x2)
BW-S11 Tangerine Artistic Wire 22 Gauge
CN012-8 Bright Straw
CN052-8 Bright Tangerine
CN111-8 Light Delft
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN161-8 Light Wintergreen
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN272-8 Bright Jade
CN506-8 Neon Coral
CN510-8 Earthen Moss
FD253 Pure White French Dimensions
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Drip a damp brush into Light Wintergreen and cover the plaque with a light wash. Repeat this step using Light Blue Spruce on the bottom half of the plaque, and Bright Straw on the top half.
3. Using a pencil, sketch two simple fish shapes directly onto a flat sponge. Cut out fish shapes.
4. Dip one fish shape into Bright Grey and the other into Neon Coral. Apply the fish shapes to the bottom half of the plaque.
5. Repeat the sponged fish using Bright Grey, Bright Jade, Light Delft, and Bright Tangerine until the entire plaque is filled.
6. Using a detail brush, outline each fish using Bright Grey and Earthen Moss accents.
7. Paint the Flip Flop Tag-Alongs with 2-3 solid coats of Light Delft, leaving the straps unpainted.
8. Using a detail brush and Neon Coral, Bright Nautical, Bright Tangerine, and Bright Jade, paint alternating stripes on the flip-flop straps.
9. Sketch the phrase, "Life's better in flip flops" on the left side of the plaque. Fill in the words using Bright Nautical.
10. Apply a small amount of French Dimensions to the underside of each flip-flop tag-along. Position and attach to the right side of the plaque.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
12. Once fired, hang the plaque using Tangerine Artistic Wire. To curl your wire, wrap it around the handle of a paintbrush.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |