Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Every little princess will love helping to create this keepsake!
2327 Square Coupe Charger
CN033-8 Dark Butternut
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN221-8 Light Blush
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN244-8 Really White
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. First, apply the handprint upside down to the center of the place, slightly towards the bottom, in Dark Honeysuckle.
3. Print out the template. Place the printed template on a sheet of carbon paper. Use small pieces of tape to secure the template to the carbon paper so that it maintains it position. Place the carbon paper and the template on the surface of the plate. With a ballpoint pen, firmly trace over the princess character. Once finished, lift the carbon paper and template to reveal your transferred image.
4. Fill in the head, neck, and circle hands with 3 coats of Light Blush.
5. Fill in the crown and the star on the wand with 3 coats of Dark Butternut.
6. Fill in the dress top with 3 coats of Bright Aqua. Also, fill in the bottom part of the skirt of the dress with the same color.
7. Use a detail brush to paint the hair in Dark Ginger and Bright Briarwood.
8. Paint the ribbons flowing from the star in Dark Honeysuckle using a detail brush.
9. Outline the dress, the crown, the wand (including its handle), and the princess's arms using a detail brush in Dark Black. Use the same brush and color, add in the details to the top portion of the dress. Also, paint the facial details using a detail brush and Dark Black.
10. Use a detail brush and Really White to paint small dots along the bottom of the dress, in the center of the star on the wand, where the top of the dress curves inward, and also on the bottom edge of the crown.
11. Above each point where the bottom of the dress curves upward, paint small hearts in Dark Honeysuckle.
12. On the crown, use a detail brush to paint a small heart in the top-center using Bright Aqua. Paint 2 small, Dark Honeysuckle dots to the right and left of the small heart.
13. With a pencil, sketch in "Believe in Magic..." to the left and right of the princess body, above the skirt of the dress. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to trace over the words. Above the princess, sketch the name of your choice and trace over the name using the same brush and color.
14. With a pencil, sketch a swirling ribbon near the outside edges of the plate as a border. Trace over the ribbon using a detail brush and Dark Honeysuckle. Let dry.
15. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.