Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Paper Paper Towels Pencil Scissors Sponge Straight Pin
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Fill three different Detail Writer Bottles (without tips) with Dark Straw, Light Kiwi, and Dark Briarwood. Add a small amount of water to each bottle to thin out the underglaze, then shake well to mix.
3. Begin to squeeze glaze in random patterns onto the center of the tray. You may wish to use more of one color, we evenly distributed the colors throughout.
4. Before the glaze has a chance to dry, hold the tray by both ends and shift and move it around so the colors mingle and marbleize. You may wish to drag the clean end of a paintbrush through to further mix the colors.
5. As the glaze in the center dries, paint stripes around the rim of the tray with Dark Straw, Light Kiwi, and Dark Briarwood using a square Royal Brush.
6. Using the elephant template, cut two elephants and a heart out of printer paper. Position them on the dried center area.Dampen a sponge and smooth the paper templates onto the piece to create a masked background. Remove any excess water with dry paper towels.
7. Using a Round Brush, cover the center area with 2-3 thick coats of Dark Briarwood.
8. Once the center has dried, remove the paper templates with a straight pin to reveal marbleized elephants.