Birdy Love Technique Sheet
|Tweet, tweet! This lovely bird warm glass project is sweet! With some pebbles and stringers, you are a firing schedule away from this sweet birdie!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Tweet, tweet! This lovely bird project is sweet.
BC100 Clear Transparent Buffalo Chips
GBLOCK220-76 Dark Green Opalescent Blocks
GBS8-100 8" Square White Blank
GBLOCK533-1 Sky Blue Transparent Blocks
GBLOCK226-74 Amazon Green Opalescent Blocks
GP96 Pebbles Mix
MA-3003 Lafayette Assorted Millefiori
N1108-96 Medium Amber Transparent Noodles
S2702-96 Orange Opal Stringers
GBLOCK2502 Red Opalescent Blocks
ST340 1" Running Pliers
Elmer's Gel Glue
Small Plastic Cups
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
Small Orange Glass Scrap for Beak
ST352 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Sketch some hills onto Opaque Amazon Green Blocks and Dark Green Blocks. We used one large portion of Dark Green in the middle and two smaller portions on either side. Once you have sketched your hills and you have determined they will fit together on your blank, score and break your pieces to create the hills.
2. Next, cut a small rectangle from a Sky Blue Block. Now draw a circle above the Sky Blue Block, onto the White Blank. This will be the bulk of the tree.
3. Using the Orange Opal Stringers, lay out rows of Stringers to fill the tree. Using the Sharpie, mark the Stringers at the points where they need to be cut so they will fit inside the tree. Next, turn Stringers the other way and cut out properly to create a checkered pattern. To cut, use the Wheel Mosaic Cutter or your fingers. Be sure to wear safety gloves. Be sure to glue pieces down so they do not move.
TIP: Put Klyr-Fire in a detail bottle and squirt some onto the Stringers after they are in place.
4. Outline the checkered tree with Light Purple Pebbles and glue down on top of Stringer edges.
5. Draw out bird shape using Sharpie on top of the Red Opal Opaque Glass Block then cut out the shape. Place Clear Buffalo Chips underneath bird so it is level with the hill. Nip off excess edges with Wheel Mosaic Cutter. Apply glue and adhere to the glass blank.
6. Cut Dark Amber Noodles to fit horizontally on the Amazon Green hills. Place Clear Buffalo Chips on the Dark Green hill to create a mosaic look. Glue all pieces down with Q-tip and glue.
7. Place one Millefiori piece on bird to create an eye. Create a small small beak from Orange glass scrap.
8. Place in kiln on top of Thinfire paper. Make sure to check to see if all pieces are placed correctly before turning kiln on!
9. Fire to a contour fuse.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |